HELPS Resource Center

Thursday, January 8, 2015

DAY 8 - THE JOURNEY CONTINUES: JANUARY 8th, 2015

DAY 8 - THE JOURNEY CONTINUES: JANUARY 8th, 2015

Wow! What a great day with the Lord. We started out to run errands. As were traveling we saw a homeless person with a sign.  My first thought was to give him a couple of dollars.  However the light changed and we had to drive past. I heard in my heart he’s not the one.  

I only had $3.00 in cash.

We continued on our way and unloaded the items we were bringing to our daughter Shane’s house. Shane had an appointment at 1pm.  It was just noon.  So I suggested that we take Shane to the Panda Express to get her a lunch bowl. 

When we arrived at Panda Express there was a young woman standing on the corner with sign “need gas to job hunt”.  So I honked and waved her over.  I gave her the $3.00 and apologized for only $3.00.  She said $3.00 was like $50 to her. 

When Mary and Shane got back to the truck I told them what happened.  Mary went across the street and talked with her.  The lady was very helpful to us about where to find the homeless community.  She told Mary she was good on food and had a bed at the woman’s shelter.

We started to leave the area and the Holy Spirit started on me “turn around and put $15.00 in her gas tank.  WOW! So we went back and waved her down and told her about the gas.  She threw her hands in the air and said “thank You God”.

At the gas pump she told how blessed she felt by getting the gas to continue job hunting.
 
The Bible points out that during a fast it is important to minister to others.

ST.MATTHEW 25:35-40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrMWdG91Ztw
For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you brought Me together with yourselves and welcomed and entertained and lodged Me, I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me with help and ministering care, I was in prison and you came to see Me. Then the just and upright will answer Him, Lord, when did we see You hungry and gave You food, or thirsty and gave You something to drink?  And when did we see You a stranger and welcomed and entertained You, or naked and clothed You?  And when did we see You sick or in prison and came to visit You? And the King will reply to them, Truly I tell you, in so far as you did it for one of the least of these My brethren, you did it for Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment