HELPS Resource Center

Monday, January 5, 2015

DAY 5 - THE JOURNEY CONTINUES: JANUARY 5th, 2015

DAY 5 - THE JOURNEY CONTINUES: JANUARY 5th, 2015

Today has been a very interesting day. As I told you yesterday we are rearranging our home to accommodate the Econo Publishing, Helps Weight Loss Club, The HELPS Resource Center and our Broadcasting Company. 

My wife I a real trouper. (We are in our 60's) She moved all the office desks and furniture plus all the living room in a 24 hour period. Would have taken most people 3 days to do what she has done.

Well, then the Lord started talking to me about all the STUFF we hold so dearly.  I am sort of a hoarder.  I may not need it today, could use it sometime, so I keep it. So the Lord reminded me “About Tomorrow” and the "Rich Fool".

THE BIBLE SAYS “  HE MADE ME FOR HIS PURPOSE!

ROMANS 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

So started the process of downsizing.  Example: we had a Chaise Lounge Sofa. It is only 5 years old.  I did not want to give it up. But, we have no room for it now, with changes being made. (Right about then is when he Lord reminded me of the FOOL.) Was I going to let a chair stand in the road of what he has called me to do?

Mary said, “Put a FREE ad on Craig’s List”. Fin a family in need of a sofa.  WOW! 1 got 22 calls in 12 minutes. A man by the name of Mike was one of the callers.  When I heard his voice, The Holy Spirit said, “He’s the one”!  When he showed up to pick the sofa up he was a wounded vet with only one arm.  His fiancée was very happy to get a good sofa and both were so thankful.

I am happy that I listened to the Holy Spirit.  Now that family has very nice Chaise Lounge Sofa.  Maybe they were praying for one!!

So that is how my day went. Physically I am doing well. It is really hard to believe just how much food directs our lives.  What blessing to hear from the Lord.
      
Luke 12:13-21
The Parable of the Rich Fool
Then one from the crowd said to Him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me." But He said to him, n "Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?" And He said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses." Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. "And he thought within himself, saying, 'What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?' "So he said, 'I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. 'And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry." "But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; s then whose will those things be which you have provided? "So is he who lays up treasure for himself,and is not rich toward God."

The Parable of the Rich Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment