HELPS Resource Center

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
January 15, 2015

“WHAT DO I DO NOW?”
II Timothy 4:6-7
“For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand.  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

I sit here at the bedside of a vital part of my life for some 66 years. I truly have never known what it is like not having her as my best friend, soul mate and wife. Without question she has been flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone.

As I sit here watching her labored breathing, I am aware that it will only be a short time before her breathing stops and her life here on earth ends. At the same time I rejoice in the certainty that she enters into a wonderful eternal life without, pain, suffering or sorrow. The sights she will experience defy our earthly imagination.

--BUT—
WHAT DO I DO NOW?

As I prayerfully face this new phase of my life I know that I will continue to do the things God has called me to do. I will be the best father possible to our son and his wife, our daughter, our grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

I will be faithful to the calling God has given me as a Pastor and writer. I will strive every way possible to be God’s servant. I refuse to feel sorry for myself. There are many needy hearts and I purpose to meet the needs as best I can.

Today, 1/13/15, Joyce has just ended her journey here on earth. She has shown us a godly pattern of caring and sharing. Now it is time for us to fill the gap she leaves.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! - - - Pastor Cecil

You may also reach Pastor Cecil via postal mail, please contact us at:
Pastor Cecil Thompson
5116 Bald Eagle Lane SW
Tumwater, WA 98512
PastorCecil@Daily-E-Votional.com
360-570-0074

No comments:

Post a Comment